Our member organisations have a variety of names. Each organisation has its own structure and constitution as well as its own focus, services, and ways of doing things.
Although member organisations vary in purpose they generally exist to provide information, advice, support (which may include use of resources and possible financial assistance in cases of hardship) and coordinated referral services for the public in their local area.
Diagnostic assessments for SLD will always be a comprehensive cognitive and educational assessment that is carried out by a registered practitioner (LDANZ registered unless otherwise agreed to by the potential client).
Approved screening tests for dyslexia may also be available in some circumstances through some member organisations.
All teaching referrals will be made to teachers holding an LDANZ approved specialist LD teaching qualification. The teacher will also have a current LDANZ registration unless otherwise agreed to by the potential client.
List of Member Organisations
- Dyslexia PLUS: email: email@example.com, PO Box 1314, Whangarei 0140, phone 09 430 0693.
- Dyslexia Association of Waikato: Contact through their website or phone Heather Ridge on 07 849 2929.
- Learning Matters Ltd: phone 027 532 7646. www.learningmatters.co.nz
- STARS Education, Whanganui: Contact through their website or email them or phone 06 347 9693 (or Esther Williams, President, 06 347 8456).
- Learning Disabilities Association Wairarapa: phone 06 370 8032, Office Address: 41 Perry Street, Masterton 5810.
- SLD Nelson: Phone 03 545 2298 (Coordinator), 03 545 2995 (Secretary). Address: 38 Tresillian Avenue, Atawhai, Nelson 7010 Contact via website
- Learning for You - South Canterbury – (Solutions for Learning Difficulties): Contact via Website, Office phone: 03 687 7584. Office address: Community House, Strathallan Street, Timaru 7910.