LOOKING FORWARD TO THE 2018 NATIONAL CONFERENCE!!
To mark the 30th anniversary of our group’s working with those with SLD such as dyslexia (and their families) in the Wairarapa, the LDA Wairarapa committee has agreed to put our hands up to have the 2018 National Conference of LDANZ. It will be held at the end of Term 2, beginning on Friday evening, July 6 until Sunday, July 8 (although the LDANZ Professional Committee will arrive on the Thursday).
The Conference will be held in Masterton at Solway Copthorne, the venue for the very successful SPELD Conference we ran in 2001! The hotel’s website gives details of its many attractions, and a block booking with very reasonable rates has been made for those who wish to stay there (see below).
The programme is:
* Professional Committee arrive on Thursday
* The Conference will open on Friday evening with speaker(s) and supper. (This will be designed for families including students as well as teachers etc)
* Saturday - breakfast meeting for delegates from Member Organisations
* Saturday’s programme of speakers will be of gereral interest and especially aimed at parents and classroom teachers as well as specialist LD teachers.
* There will be a celebratory dinner on Saturday night
* Sunday morning – there will be two forums for LDANZ teachers and assessors before the LDANZ AGM late morning. In the afternoon the LDANZ Council will meet (to be concluded in time for attendees to catch the 4.50 train to Wellington)
Accommodation at Solway Copthorne
To make a booking please phone the hotel direct on 0800SOLWAY (0800 765929) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Either quote our group booking reference number 70058 or state that you are attending the LDANZ Conference in July.
Each person making an accommodation booking will need to confirm the nights they are staying and provide credit card details to secure the booking. (The hotel does not deduct any funds from the credit card – it is just held to secure each booking.)
At this stage the following room types are being held. (See the hotel’s website for more details.) Rates for the Conference are:
Standard rooms $135.00 per room per night
Deluxe Standard rooms $145.00 per room per night
Junior Suites $165.00 per room per night
All rates are inclusive of GST and are for a maximum of up to 2 adults per room except for the Junior Suites. More than 2 people sharing a Junior Suite would be charged at $35.00 per person per night.
The rate for single occupancy is the same as for twin/share.
How to get to and from Masterton by train: (The journey takes 1 hour, 35 mins)
Monday to Friday: am - 8.21; pm - 12.55; 4.25; 5.30; 6.22; 10.25
Saturday & Sunday: am – 9.55; 6.55
From Masterton to Wellington on Saturday and Sunday: am – 7.50; pm – 4.50
Newsletters and the LDANZ website will give more details about the programme, speakers and registration in the coming weeks.